How to Prepare Your Feet for a Summer Pedicure
Whether you do your pedicures at home or you head to the salon to get your toes in shape, your feet have been stuck in winter boots and shoes for months. It’s time for a little self-care! That’s why we’ve written this short “how to” on getting your feet ready for the spring and summer weather - meaning ready for open-toe shoes and a little more exposure to the elements. Not only do you want you toes looking pretty, but you also want your feet protected and comfortable in all types of shoes.
How to Prepare Your Feet for the Summer
You will need:
A bowl or tub
Soap (we recommend Sage Stone Botanicals Peppermint Hand & Body Wash)
Your favorite Hand and Heel Creme
Your favorite essential oil (we recommend peppermint)
1. Soak your feet. Whether you have a fancy foot tub, you have a bathtub, or you just have a few deep bowls, it’s time to give your feet a bit of TLC. Fill your tub or bowl with warm - almost hot water and pour in some Epsom salts. You can make a homemade sugar scrub with 2 parts coconut oil and 1 part brown sugar along with a drop or two of essential oils, too!
2. Scrub your feet. Use a pumice stone to scrub your heels along with any calluses. Then use your favorite scrub or soap to get the rest of your feet sudsy and clean
3. Dry your feet and give them a deep moisturizing treatment. Massage in the Hand and Heel Creme of your choice, giving your cuticles particular attention. If your cuticles are creeping up onto your nail, you may want to push it back with an orangewood stick.
You will likely want to repeat this process a few times, as it will take more than one scrub to make your feet smooth and soft.
4. Moisturize in between soaks as well. While you’re giving your feet the royal treatment, be sure to moisturize after your daily shower or bath as well. This will give any cracks or extreme dryness time to heel.
5. If you’re planning an at-home
We hope you enjoy the upcoming